Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Cleaning Those Nasty Stove Top Burners

We tackled our last major project on my "to-do" list before baby arrives.  We spent all weekend showing our kitchen the much TLC it needed; from hanging new blinds and painting our hanging light fixture to scrubbing the refrigerator and stove top and oven. I really dreaded taking the kitchen on, (hence it being the last thing on our list to do) but our kitchen sparkles like never before! I have to share my new favorite trick with you!  I was a bit skeptical., but true enough it worked on my stove top burners' stubborn spills.

We inherited our stove and oven combo from the previous homeowners. The oven wasn't so bad, but the stove top had some caked on grease and cooking splatter all over the burners, drip pans, etc. I have scrubbed and soaked and scrubbed on these pieces and parts time and time again to find that nothing would remove. Our plan is to replace the stove at some point (hopefully soon), but for now, I couldn't imagine our new baby girl coming into a world where the stove is.... well, messy!

I found this idea on Pinterest and was a bit skeptical...


So then I checked out the blog post here and we gave it a try! I am so glad we did. I can testify that it works! Being preggo, I didn't actually mess with the ammonia  but my husband did.  He says he still had to slightly scrub while he rinsed them off at the end, but nothing physically taxing!

So, go ahead and give it a try! And let me know if you have as much success as I did!

-Amy-

No comments:

Post a Comment