Monday, April 23, 2012

TGIM is Back!! Customizing Roller Shades

So, after a long and whirlwind weekend, I am sharing this week's(and last's... and the one before that... and maybe the one before that...ok, so I haven't posted a Truly Great Idea Monday post in awhile, my apologies!) truly great idea brought to you straight from a blog I avidly read! I thought this was so cute, I had to pass it along! So, be inspired by this week's truly great idea...


Emily Clark as in emilyaclark.blogspt.com shared this great idea on her blog not long ago! Using a $5 roller shade, she completed this project for the guest bath/powder room. Want to create this cute idea? The details are here. The finished project looked like this...


She goes on to suggest using this idea for a window that you want to soften the look of, but not something where the shade need be necessarily functional.  The fabric caused the shade to be too thick to easily pull it up and down easily.
If you are needing a functional roller shade, but still want to dress it up, here are some great ideas...







Or, maybe add some ribbon trim...








Or, try painting the whole roller shade...




Or, how about a stencil that looks like fabric...



(And, I just found out that Lowe's sells a chevron stripe stencil!!)

And lastly, my favorite...


Dress up roller shades with trim and decorative pulls! Details here.

For a look divine!




Be inspired and create!! 

-Amy-



No comments:

Post a Comment