Thursday, January 12, 2012

January Color Scheme: Winter Whites

Pure. Pristine. Crisp.  The color white evokes a sense of purity, a sense of cleanliness and freshness.  I felt it only appropriate to start the new year's "clean" color slate, or scheme that is, with my color scheme for the month: winter whites.

White doesn't have to be stark and sterile.  It is becoming increasingly popular when combined with reclaimed wood tones and other neutrals. To avoid the cold harshness that white can often portray, opt for whites with warm undertones.  Warm undertones, such as whites with a red or a gold base, appear softer and cozier than whites with cool undertones such as blues and grays.  Something else to consider when choosing a white color palette: texture! Choose fabrics rich in texture and tone-on-tone patterns to help personalize the feel and create that sense of warmth and dimension.


Here are some of my favorite whites from Benjamin Moore:




1. Cotton Balls 2145-70
2. Bavarian Cream 2146-70
3.Alpine White 2147-70
4. Mountain Peak 2148-70
5. White Chocolate 2149-70















Okay, so there was some sentiment behind this month's color scheme pick.  January is my anniversary month and my husband and I just celebrated 5 years! And did I mention, we had an all white wedding??














Happy winter, everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment